Director I, Equipment Design Engineering (Material Handling SME)
At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
We are seeking an experienced senior Bulk Material Handling Engineer that will be a key resource in the development of front end and detail engineering activities. This candidate would be responsible for, as a minimum:
• Translation of client product requirements into Supplier equipment specification and sizing
• Owner and Supplier collaboration in development of an optimized plant layout utilizing current technologies
• Development of system layout including material flows, equipment utilization, conveying and material handling equipment design, and operator optimization
• Perform CAD layout of material handling systems
• Development of baseline project documents including equipment costs, estimates, schedules, and facility and services written scopes
• Perform front end studies such as cost vs. benefit analysis to determine most cost effective system application and layout
• Development of Material Handling system design criteria and technical specifications
• Develop equipment specifications, data sheets, and narratives to support the procurement of equipment
• Develop Requisitions, perform bid analysis of Supplier quotes, and finalize purchasing documents.
• Review Supplier designs to ensure compliance with specification requirements
• Coordinate design activities with the associated disciplines and construction
• Serve as a technical specialist and mentor to other engineers in a collaborative environment
• Be a team leader and lead a team of more junior engineers in an interdisciplinary environment
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 143368BR
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.