Dir II, Prime Contract Mgmt
At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
This position supports the Project Director by leading Prime Contract administration activities in close coordination with the Law Department. Typically, this role is assigned to a mega-project or mega-projects at any location globally which has a high risk profile. Undertake Prime Contract management execution activities in accordance with the Prime Contract with a view to preventing leakage and being reimbursed for valid changes for time and/or cost relief. This position typically reports to Project Director with functional responsibility to Law Department.
• Serve as subject matter expert in Prime Contract Management
• Coordinate with the Legal Department and Insurance and Risk Management Group to obtain and provide information regarding commercial issues; coordinate with Project Controls and Project Business Services on commercial issues
• Lead effort to timely administer the Prime Contract in conjunction with the Project Director and Law Department during the life of the contract; includes participating in the proposal strategy sessions, prime contract review, joint venture and/or contract partnering, and risk assessment process prior to prime contract execution
• Oversee the creation and review of formal project correspondence with Client and others to ensure Fluor’s rights are protected and that it is consistent with the terms of the prime contract
• Oversee disputed change management and claims resolution efforts
• Support negotiations that lead to contract Change Orders / Variations
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 142974BR
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.