Fluor Design Engineer IV - Mechanical in Greenville, South Carolina
The purpose of this position is to provide the essential administrative processes, technical knowledge, and direction as listed. This role has the responsibility to promote Fluor’s competitiveness within the global marketplace by delivering quality services of unmatched value and technical competence. This position serves as a Responsible Mechanical Engineer on assigned projects and performs complex engineering tasks, evaluates, selects, and applies advanced engineering techniques to a broad set of assignments.
• Perform and check calculations, specify equipment, and solve problems of advanced to complex engineering difficulty.
• Develop Mechanical datasheets, specifications and narratives to solicit quotations and procure mechanical equipment in the Life Science industry
• Develop Request for Quotation (RFQ) documentation, perform Bid Analysis, and generate Request for Purchase (RFP) packages to support equipment purchases.
• Establish, track material key quantities and report costs to project
• Manage Supplier Procurement and Contract Packages
• Knowledge of Modular/Skidded Design systems
• Review Supplier designs including 3D models, Supplier drawings and documentation
• Interface and coordinate with multiple disciplines to integrate equipment design into projects
• Manage Supplier and Project meetings
• Participate in Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) and Site Acceptance Test (SAT)
• Participate in training and contribute to training activities
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 126068BR
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.