Fluor Design Engineer I - Structural in Greenville, South Carolina
The purpose of this position is to provide intermediate technical knowledge, and perform the work listed. This role has the responsibility to promote Fluor’s competitiveness within the global marketplace by delivering quality services of unmatched value and technical competence. This position supports the Area Lead or Lead on assigned projects and evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques to a small set of moderately difficult assignments.
• Assist the Lead in employing cost competitive engineering techniques to develop the most cost-effective total project solution for execution of the discipline engineering work
• Develop and review specifications, including design criteria
• Participate in activities associated with equipment and material procurement, permitting, and subcontracting
• Perform and check calculations, specify equipment, and solve problems of moderate engineering complexity
• Review vendor equipment documentation within the discipline and from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements, and actively seek discrepancy resolution
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Active and ongoing access into the project 3D design model for coordination with all disciplines. Interactive coordination verbally, via email, via sametime, via WebEx, for integrated design.
• Obtain and/or develop design information and criteria as necessary for design of various structural systems supporting and/or accessing equipment and of building floors, roofs, exterior walls, foundations.
• Set up 3D structural analysis and design model with applicable load cases and perform complete design of various structural systems.
• Perform analysis and design of structural components of structures.
• Perform thorough checking of analysis and design by other engineers.
• Provide supervision to other engineers as assigned and to designers performing 3D model and drawing production.
• Perform thorough check of 3D model and drawings.
• Close interaction and coordination with Fluor Workshare office(s).
• Attend meetings as needed.
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 122553BR
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.