At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Fluor, together with its joint-venture partner AECOM, has been awarded a four-year program delivery support services contract for the California High-Speed Rail program by the California High-Speed Rail Authority, to provide program delivery and program management services to support one of the largest planned infrastructure projects in the U.S.
The system will connect the 500-mile stretch between the Los Angeles region with the San Francisco Bay Area, with up to 24 stations. The first phase of the program is currently under construction in California’s Central Valley.
Under the direction of the Construction Safety and Manager (CSSM), the Construction Safety and Lead (CSL) is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the safety performance across assigned Construction Package(s) in the Central Valley. The CSL will support the CSM with the implementation of the policies and procedures in the Authority’s Program Management Plan (Plan PD- 01) as signed by the CEO explaining program planning and roles and responsibilities of Program Management in Construction Safety as a role in Infrastructure Delivery, PROC-SAFE-02 and PLAN-1004 covering cross policies used within the role.
The CSL will support the CSM and is responsible for construction safety monitoring and oversight activities related to the Infrastructure Delivery. The CSSL will assist CSSM with making recommendations and developing and implementing new and current safety programs for construction related to the Infrastructure Delivery, the Authority, and its consultants.
This position reports indirectly to the Deputy Director and Director of Infrastructure Delivery for accountability.
Leadership The CSL has the responsibility for, but is not limited to, the following:
• Assisting the CSM with providing senior level leadership, expertise, and vision to assist in the development of a safety culture for the construction phase of the program.
• Assists the CSM with developing, making improvement recommendations, and implementing existing and new safety programs and processes.
• Assists the CSM with providing training for Authority and consultant staff, as necessary.
• Coordinates construction safety meetings amongst Project and Construction Management (PCM) consultants and Design-Build (DB) projects for assigned Construction Package(s).
• Assists the CSM with the review of potential safety candidates proposed by the PCM consultants and Design-Build contractors.
• Spending 75 to 85% of the time on the road driving and evaluating the assigned Construction Package work sites for safety assessments.
• Providing on-call support for all incident levels on the assigned Construction Package(s) related to construction to assure resources, notifications and other newsworthy events are communicated throughout upper management. Determine root cause with Design-Builder and PCM’s safety professionals as described in Incident Notification Policy.
• Monitors compliance and provides recommendations to the CSSM regarding construction site safety program wide.
• Responds to incidents and coordinates the Authority’s response while working with the PCM and DB contractor.
• Monitors and tracks reported observations, incidents, and other field data to provide recommendations regarding continuous improvement for safe program delivery; and
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 138470BR
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.