Fluor Designer - AutoCad (TS/SCI w/ FS Poly required) in Fauquier County, Virginia
The Auto CAD Designer creates detailed drawings utilized in the construction of buildings and the operations and maintenance of buildings. These detailed technical drawings incorporate the input of engineers, architects, and designers and specifies the dimensions, code requirements and materials. The CAD drawings incorporate multiple disciplines including architectural, electrical/control, mechanical, structural, geological or civil formats. This position maintains and updates all documentation and drawings for the entire government facility. In addition, this position controls the design for drafting, document control, and supports the CAD drawings management system.
• Coordinate the collection of data for architectural, civil, mechanical, and electrical changes and incorporate this information into site as built drawings, schematics, and maps.
• Draft moderate-to-complex 2D and 3D drawings, charts, schedules, etc. in support of the engineering group.
• Prepare “As-Built” drawings based on field red-line markups.
• Ensure that that work complies with the accuracy level and time constraints required for the assignment
• Ensure all drawings and materials are in accordance with base specifications and standards.
• Make general recommendations on the utilization of new drafting/design techniques, normally within an area of specialization.
• Support capital projects by providing updated existing drawings or creating new drawings.
• Manage the drawings system and establish appropriate procedures.
• Proactively provide quality control for existing drawings by conducting audits and system walk-downs.
• Maintain all critical site drawings in an always ready audit state.
• Manage the drawing change control process.
• Manage special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Must be adaptable to a fast paced, shifting work environment
• Demonstrated attention to detail with the ability to focus on the project or task at hand and consistently deliver error free results
• Good organizational skills with ability to multi-task and prioritize.
• Demonstrated proficiency with all Windows based programs,
• Must be customer service oriented
• Ability to work within a team as well as independently
• Logical thinker with good common sense
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate with multi-level audiences.
• A minimum of 5 years’ of progressive experience with AUTOCAD in facilities engineering/design.
• Working knowledge of developing / updating electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, mechanical, machine design, architectural, civil and construction drawings
• General knowledge of national / state building codes preferred.
• Must have document control experience.
• Must be able to verify drawings with actual installations.
• Experience matching drawings from different trades and plan check discrepancies
Job ID: 124458BR
City: Fauquier County
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.