At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Fluor is a global leader in engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction, maintenance and project management, active across six continents with 44,000 employees worldwide, 93 offices in 30 countries and have been in business over 100 years, including 60 years in the UK.
Fluor’s office in Farnborough, Hampshire is one of the company’s main execution centers undertaking projects across Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Central Asia. Farnborough itself has excellent transport links and is located 35 minutes from London via train.
Are you an experienced Senior Architect / Architect Lead with an ability to create functional designs and concepts which are state-of-the-art in the Life Science and Advanced Technology industry?
Do you want to be part of a building the presence of Fluor Corporation within Advanced Technologies & Life Science in Europe?
Do you thrive in an international environment where we design and build the world’s most challenging projects together with our clients?
Then you might be our new colleague!
We are looking for a Senior Architect / Architect Lead to join our Multi-Projects Group in Farnborough.
Fluor is hiring some of the brightest professionals who take pride in delivering top-notch services and solutions to our clients. We are looking for the “first movers” who get excited about building Fluor’s reputation in Europe, the ones who enjoy teamwork and know that good relationships and respectful communication with clients and colleagues is the foundation for successful project execution. You will be part of something big as Fluor employs 47,000 people globally.
This position serves as an Area Lead on a specific project or as a Discipline Lead on multiple assigned projects. Projects vary from concept design to FEED, Detail Design or full EPCM. As a Senior Architect / Architect Lead you are involved in all these projects to a greater or lesser extent. You will play a key role and be responsible for creating solutions for greenfield and brownfield facilities, revamp projects and optimization of existing facilities under production.
Your tasks include calculating, quoting, designing, and reviewing engineering work. Among other things your tasks include:
• Support proposal preparation and estimation of activities;
• Develop and review Architectural specifications, including design criteria;
• Develop and review project Scope of Services, Scope of Facilities, and other project baseline documents for all phases of projects;
• Develop and review estimates and schedules, progress reports, including manpower forecasts;
• Architectural design: connecting design, concepts, and functionality in one solution with focus on production flows, classification of buildings/equipment, safety and environmental factors expressed in the layout of the facility;
• Interdisciplinary approach that enables the ideal design solution where surroundings, machinery and employees using the facility all come together;
• Leading the permitting (construction and demolition) process and activities; driving if necessary external Architects who will issue the building/demolition permit
• Participate in activities associated with procurement and subcontracting;
• Review supplier offers on technical specifications, prices and delivery times. Review and approve supplier lists, prepare quotation requests/bid tabulations/purchase orders and review substitutions for technical acceptability;
• Work closely with other discipline leads to ensure all activities associated comply with the project requirements and fulfill the clients’ needs;
• Be lead for the Sustainability approach for the buildings and sites. Incorporate health, safety, and environmental factors in design;
• Lead the technical interfaces within Architectural packages.
• Supervising the execution and start-up of projects;
• Solving technical issues during the execution of the projects;
• Maintaining professional relationships with clients, suppliers and subcontractors;
• Apply Cost Competitive Execution techniques to develop the most cost-effective total project solution for execution of the discipline engineering work;
• Promote and support the project value creation effort;
• Typically manage personnel and provide an environment for the development and professional advancement of staff members, including on-the-job and formal training and development opportunities, and timely performance feedback
• Analyze situations, identify and forecast pertinent problems, and evaluate realistic options; and recommend/implement appropriate course of action;
• Organize and prioritize a variety of complex projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet critical time deadlines;
• Adhere to industry codes and standards as well as department practices and procedures.
Job ID: 142246BR
Country: United Kingdom
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.