At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Fluor is a global leader in engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction, maintenance and project management, active across six continents with 44,000 employees worldwide, 93 offices in 30 countries and have been in business over 100 years, including 60 years in the UK.
Fluor’s office in Farnborough, Hampshire is one of the company’s main execution centers undertaking projects across Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Central Asia. Farnborough itself has excellent transport links and is located 35 minutes from London via train.
Are you an experienced HVAC & Utilities Lead Engineer with an ability to create functional designs and concepts which are state-of-the-art in the Life Science industry and Advanced Technology?
Do you want to be part of a building the presence of Fluor Corporation within Advanced Technologies & Life Science in Europe?
Do you thrive in an international environment where we design and build the world’s most challenging projects together with our clients?
Then you might be our new colleague!
We are looking for an HVAC & Utilities Lead Engineer to join our Multi-Projects Group in Farnborough.
Fluor is hiring some of the brightest professionals who take pride in delivering top-notch services and solutions to our clients. We are looking for the “first movers” who get excited about building Fluor’s reputation in Europe, the ones who enjoy teamwork and know that good relationships and respectful communication with clients and colleagues is the foundation for successful project execution. You will be part of something big as Fluor employs 47,000 people globally.
This position serves as an Area Lead on a specific project or as a Discipline Lead on multiple assigned projects. Projects vary from concept design to FEED, Detail Design or full EPCM. As a HVAC & Utilities Lead Engineer you are involved in all these projects to a greater or lesser extent. Your tasks include calculating, quoting, designing, and reviewing engineering work. Among other things your tasks include:
• Support proposal preparation and estimation of activities when needed;
• Develop and review HVAC and Utilities specifications, including design criteria;
• Develop and review project Scope of Services, Scope of Facilities, and other project baseline documents for all phases of projects;
• Develop and review estimates and schedules, progress reports, including manpower forecasts;
• Designing HVAC and Utilities systems;
• Calculating and defining HVAC and Utilities systems. Perform and check HVAC and Utilities calculations, specify HVAC and Utilities equipment. Develop and Lead PFD’s, PID’s, Consumer list;
• Participate in activities associated with HVAC equipment and material procurement, permitting, and subcontracting;
• Review supplier offers on technical specifications, prices and delivery times. Review and approve vendor lists, prepare quotation requests/bid tabulations/purchase orders and review substitutions for technical acceptability
• Supervising the execution and start-up of projects;
• Solving technical issues during the execution of the projects;
• Establish, track, and monitor material key quantities; provide analysis and forecasts;
• Maintaining professional relationships with clients and suppliers network;
• Apply Cost Competitive Execution techniques to develop the most cost-effective total project solution for execution of the discipline engineering work.
• Be lead for the Sustainability approach for the HVAC and Utilites. Incorporate health, safety, and environmental factors in design;
• Promote and support the project value creation effort;
• Adhere to industry codes and standards as well as department practices and procedures;
• Interface with client representatives: project, planning, process and instrument engineers, operations and maintenance to align contract requirements and expectations;
• Interface with Fluor discipline engineers to develop interdisciplinary drawings and specifications;
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines;
• Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
Job ID: 142248BR
Country: United Kingdom
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.