Fluor Graduate Quality Specialist Engineer in Farnborough, United Kingdom
Fluor Ltd is looking for motivated Graduate Quality Specialist Engineers to join either our Quality Department for our 2020 Graduate Programme starting next September.
Headquartered in Farnborough, Hampshire, Fluor Limited is the UK operating arm of Fluor Corporation, one of the world's largest engineering, procurement, construction and project management services companies.
This is an entry-level position designed to develop Quality knowledge and ability.
This position performs quality assurance assignments requiring the application of standard techniques and procedures. This role initially prepares quality assurance documents and procedures, and assists all levels of department or project personnel in quality-related matters.
Principal Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Assist in the preparation of project audit schedules, discipline plans for the Quality function, and audit reports (internal and external), noting non-conformances and verifying effective corrective action
• Assist (if directed by senior Quality management) the Project Manager in developing an orientation program to ensure that the project teams are familiar with the requirements of the Project Quality Plan; including other Quality matters, if required
• Act as a Quality auditor and may follow up on audit findings and corrective actions
• Assess (if directed by senior Quality management) the ability of the suppliers to meet the Quality requirements of the project
• Assist in the maintenance of project Quality records for all phases of the project
• Execute project Quality work in accordance with approved requirements
• Contribute to and promote the use of Fluor’s knowledge management portals and communities
• (Under supervision of senior Quality management) Analyse and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines
• Plan and organize own work assignments, as well as carry out tasks from management staff
• Maintain compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and global standards
• Adhere to and support Fluor's Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies
• May need to travel to attend to business related matters
Other Duties & Responsibilities
Under direction of the Project Quality Manager or Project Quality Lead this position may:
• Act as the Lead Auditor under supervision for the project audits
• Prepare Quality Performance Indicators (QPIs) reports and issue a monthly QPI Status Report for the project
• Schedule upcoming project audits through Quality software application
• Support Discipline Auditors during the Discipline Audit process
• Prepare and issue Audit Reports through Quality software application
• Monitor the timely and effective close-out of Corrective Actions (CAs), Preventive Actions (PAs), and Non-conformance Reports (NCRs)
• Prepare Quality input to the Monthly Report
• Perform surveillance and spot checks of deliverables
• Coordinate project lessons learned efforts
• Provide support and to project staff
• Assist in the development and implementation of Supplier Quality Surveillance (SQS) plans and procedures, to ensure that the deliverables and overall surveillance performance satisfies client and project management quality objectives
The role during the first 4 years is designed to meet the requirements of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers to achieve Chartered Engineer status. The work will typically be a series of mid to short term assignments to project teams, designed to give exposure to all aspects of the project, and various groups within the selected discipline. Work is generally based in our office in Farnborough. However, there may be opportunities to travel and work at one of our global offices or project sites.
Fluor is dedicated to the development of their graduate engineers in their chosen profession to chartered status and provides excellent training and on the job opportunities. Throughout your career Fluor actively encourages both professional and personal development through a career development programme, in-house training, Fluor University, specialist development courses and mentoring. Fluor has developed an industry recognised Knowledge Management system in "Knowledge OnLine®" which provides access to our global expertise and through "OneFluorSM" we have an established platform for personal interaction and collaboration with other members of Fluor worldwide.
Fluor is a global engineering and construction company, employing over 53,000 people globally, serving more than 4000 clients in over 60 countries. From our Farnborough office we undertake projects in the Oil and Gas, Petrochemicals, Mining, Industrial, Pharmaceutical, Transportation, Telecommunications, Power, Nuclear and Government sectors. These projects are constructed in the UK, Kazakhstan, South Africa, Guinea and Saudi Arabia.
Fluor has major offices and job sites in many worldwide locations providing opportunities for staff to gain invaluable global business and personal experience via short or long-term project and office assignments. Some of our project sites are located in harsh environments and remote locations which require different skill sets and expertise and where logistics are a key factor in project success. Such projects provide special challenges, but also great satisfaction and reward.
Not only is this a chance to launch your engineering career, but also on offer is an attractive benefits package comprising:
Competitive starting salary
9 day fortnight (every other Friday you have a 3 day weekend!)
Subsidised social activities
Graduates Advancing to Professionalism (GAP – a company funded social and professional group, run by graduates for graduates
Job ID: 120571BR
Country: United Kingdom
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.