At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Fluor is a global leader in engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction, maintenance and project management, active across six continents with 44,000 employees worldwide, 93 offices in 30 countries and have been in business over 100 years, including 60 years in the UK.
Fluor’s office in Farnborough, Hampshire is one of the company’s main execution centers undertaking projects across Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Central Asia. Farnborough itself has excellent transport links and is located 35 minutes from London via train.
Do you want to be part of a building the presence of Fluor Corporation within Advanced Technologies & Life Science in Europe?
Do you thrive in an international environment where we design and build the world’s most challenging projects together with our clients?
Then you might be our new colleague!
We are looking for Commercial Estimator to join our ATLS Team in Farnborough.
This position is responsible for complying with estimating procedures when developing project estimates.
The individual will participate in improving techniques for estimating.
In this role, the individual acts autonomously on small to mid-sized projects. The individual may also be responsible for providing estimating support on larger projects. At this position, requires moderate supervision when developing Direct, Indirect, and Services cost estimates. This position will require some supervision when developing estimates for Escalation, Contingency, and other costs.
• Develop the estimate plan and coordinate estimate development with the project team, including preparation of the Estimate Schedule
• Utilize estimating methods and the expertise of other project professionals to establish total project estimates
• Engage in direct contact with other functional areas, including client and field contractors
• Maintain and support the office estimating database and information such as escalation indices, rate of exchange variation, productivity, etc.
• Plan and organize own work assignments, as well as carry out tasks from management staff
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 143688BR
Country: United Kingdom
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.