Fluor Communications Specialist II (Active TS/SCI with Poly Required) in Fairfax County, Virginia
The Communications Specialist II provides support with communication activities by managing digital content, developing written content, and organizing events. Relevant subject matter is moderately to highly complex and involves coordination across stakeholders in multiple areas.
Specific duties and responsibilities will vary based on assignment area.
• Build audience insight using appropriate tools to monitor content
• Gather and analyze evidence to understand user needs and appetite for products
• Understand the range of employee insight sources (both quantitative and qualitative) available within the organization
• Gather insight on communication usage, needs, and preferences
• Use data to inform selection of internal communication channels
• Support the design and delivery of techniques to assess the effectiveness and impact of communication
• Review existing sources of insight (including previous communication activity) to understand the overall context for communication and audience influencers
• Use insight to identify target audiences and partners, support decision making and help inform the overall communication approach
• Monitor, summarize, and provide analysis of communications activities, including digital communications
• Advise on, analyze, and support the implementation of feedback mechanisms (quantitative and qualitative) to measure employee engagement and effectiveness of internal communication
• Provide key metrics to the Office of Public Affairs
• Write clearly in plain, simple, clear, concise, accurate language and check work tor spelling and grammar
• Express ideas effectively, both orally and in writing
• Deliver online events including live chats, broadcasts, blogs, and microblogs
• Have practical understanding of digital tools including SharePoint and Wordpress content management systems
• Have a practical understanding of organizational functions, roles, and communication requirements to enable the design of tailored content
• Select appropriate visuals to improve the impact of communication (tor example, photography and infographics)
• Have good understanding of accessibility and usability issues; create content that meets accessibility and usability requirements
• Support delivery of communication content and statt events, ensuring products are delivered to a high quality
• Deliver corporate messages to local audience in appropriately tailored manner
• Demonstrate an understanding of the communication objectives and how these support customer objectives
• Develop outline communication plans, identifying the most effective channels and tools to engage audiences and maximize reach
• Organize staff events that advance communication objectives; may include a range of tasks related to logistics and content
• Align internal communication to key change program delivery milestones
• Other duties as assigned
• Work is typically performed in an office environment, requiring the use of computer terminals and standard office equipment to accomplish work objectives. While performing the duties of this job, use fingers and hands to type or write; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• May require extended periods of sitting for long meetings.
• Work assignments may require occasional travel throughout the Washington Metropolitan Area.
Job ID: 125136BR
City: Fairfax County
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.