Fluor Administrative Assistant (Active TS/SCI with Poly Required) in Fairfax County, Virginia
The purpose of this position is to provide direct administrative support to a customer with general review and guidance from senior personnel. Administrative Assistant involves organizing, scheduling, and executing steps in a transactional process. Depending on the assignment, the work may include executing a range of general administrative functions for an organization and/or its leadership team. The nature of the work requires general knowledge of basic administrative processes and procedures.
• Maintain schedule of appointments and monitor telephones for a manager and/or other officers in work unit
• Draft routine documents from templates for customer review; assimilate basic information into final products
• Maintain and organize existing relevant reference materials and working files for easy retrieval
• Under direct supervision, initiate and monitor check-in/out procedures for personnel
• Greet and/or escort all office visitors
• Arrange travel, coordinate itineraries, including passport/visa/cover requirements
• Create and submit travel, order supplies, maintain inventory, issue equipment, provide basic troubleshooting
• Oversee and account for inventory
• Open, sort and distribute incoming mail, newspapers, faxes or other documents
• Maintain and update assignment-specific databases or spreadsheets as required
• Conduct basic research, retrieve and coordinate routine data and information from multiple sources
• With guidance, review work against checklists process/program documentation for accuracy and completeness
• Other duties as assigned
• Work is typically performed in an office environment, requiring the use of computer terminals and standard office equipment to accomplish work objectives. While performing the duties of this job, use fingers and hands to type or write; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Depending on assigned work unit, work may be conducted in a service center type environment.
• The position may require lifting or carrying equipment averaging 50 lbs.
• Depending upon assignment, shift work and/or occasional local and domestic travel may be required.
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 125133BR
City: Fairfax County
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.