Fluor Senior Accountant in Detroit, Michigan
The Senior Accountant is responsible for assigned duties to ensure timely and accurate recording and reporting of financial and other information as well as providing decision support of business decisions to leadership of various functional areas in the company.
• Responsible for the daily follow up for all types of entries journal, A/P, A/R
• Supervise the preparation of monthly financial statements; partial and consolidated
• Assist during mid-year and annual audits
• Collaborates with external tax consultants on all types of returns; local, state and federal
• Assign and audit the work of the accounting department
• Completes monthly accruals, variance analysis and account reconciliations
• Engaged in the more critical and confidential aspects of accounting
• Assist in the annual budget process and periodic forecast updates.
• Communicates with project team, vendors, subcontractors and external parties to manage job cost requests/requirements
• Assist in the month-end general ledger closing, P&L, cash flow and distribution of monthly and quarterly financial statements/analyses to the Corporate Finance Team.
• During part of the closing process, conduct pre-closing reviews of results prior to review by senior finance team management.
• Responsive and attentive to the requests/needs of internal and external clients – including vendors and subcontractors
• Perform analysis of the payroll expense related amounts across all business units and departments; investigate and explain significant variances from expected amounts.
• Performs other related duties as required and assigned
Job ID: 125216BR
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.