Fluor HSE Technician III in Detroit, Michigan
This position assists and supports others in a department, subdivision, function, or project. The position relies primarily on established policies, procedures, and applicable work practices to make decisions as they apply to the job duties and responsibilities.
The purpose of this position is to apply a general understanding of the Company’s Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) practices policies and procedures to assist and support the Company’s HSE professionals with their objective of creating and sustaining a productive work culture and safe work environment in order to avoid and minimizing HSE related problems. These problems include but are not limited to prevention of human injury, environmental degradation and unsafe working conditions/practices. This is done through health, safety and environmental training, programs, and processes with a visible and uncompromised commitment to the protection of the environment as well as the productivity of the Company’s employees.
Principal Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Operate as an experienced assistant to an HSE specialist on a project or contract in the field or office
• Perform assigned tasks following established Company procedures
• Develop a basic working knowledge of the Company’s HSE standards, programs and goals by learning and applying HSE procedures as established by the Company through departmental training on a project site or in an office, Fluor University® training and the use of knowledge management portals and communities
• Apply basic HSE standards to select projects to promote a safe and productive work environment
• Follow established, written HSE procedures and techniques using equipment as designated by the appropriate supervisor in order to assist in work activities such as maintaining HSE-specific project files on testing for substance abuse, collecting environmental or health samples, or providing personal protective equipment to project personnel
• Assist higher level HSE staff in conducting surveys, evaluations, inspections, and investigations of incidents and activities
Gather data as directed by supervisor to be used to monitor and track HSE standards, programs and goals
• Maintain compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and global standards
• Plan, organize, and carry out assignments as directed
• Adhere to and support Fluor's Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies
• Effectively develop and apply the Core Skills to the job
• Meet expectations on attendance and punctuality
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 127383BR
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.