At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Bridging North America (BNA), a partnership of Fluor, ACS Infrastructure Canada and Aecon Group Inc., is seeking candidates for the Gordie Howe International Bridge project.
BNA was selected to design, build, finance, operate and maintain the CAD$5.7 billion (approximate US$4.4 billion) Gordie Howe International Bridge project for Windsor-Detroit Bridge Authority (WDBA).
When completed, the bridge will be the longest cable-stayed bridge in North America. The project includes a bridge and border crossing spanning the Detroit River and connecting Detroit, Michigan, U.S., and Windsor, Ontario, Canada, by linking Interstate 75 and Interstate 96 in Michigan with the new extension of Highway 401 (Rt. Hon. Herb Gray Parkway) in Ontario. The scope also includes building new, state-of-the-art ports of entry on both the U.S. and Canadian sides of the Detroit River as well as improvements to existing infrastructure in both Michigan and Ontario.
• Coordinate and schedule meetings internal to project and with client and key stakeholders
• Update and maintain project schedules throughout the design process to help prioritize design changes and forecast for construction
• Oversee design progress against schedule and budget
• Experienced with multiple design disciplines including bridges, structures, roadway, traffic control, drainage, water, utilities, paving, walls, paving, etc.
• Coordinate design reviews with construction team to optimize the design
• Responsible to manage the design package submittals to the client and compile responses to design review comments
• Review, negotiate and recommend for approval/disapproval on design change orders
• Administer design subcontract including processing monthly invoices for payment
• Perform constructive reviews conforming design to prime contract requirements and proposal commitments
• Coordinate and control design submittals for owner’s review and approval
• Work with construction team to identify and resolve field design issues
• Expedite responses from Engineer of Record related to shop drawing reviews, request for information, specification changes, ect.
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 141995BR
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.