Fluor Construction Superintendent Lead (Siphon) in Detroit, Michigan
The purpose of this position is to oversee and direct the performance of all field construction activities for assigned craft areas in conformance with plans, specifications, schedules, and cost estimates. The position requires an authoritative knowledge of assigned work, an holistic grasp of complex situations, the ability to assess the overall picture and alternative approaches to project objectives. With command, this position directs other line supervision as necessary in their roles to meet or exceed all project objectives. This position requires the ability to coordinate and direct all construction crafts within the assigned area and generally serve as the most senior craft authority at the site in their areas of responsibility. This position is typically responsible for numerous crafts, very large or multiple areas, and/or large numbers of craftsmen, multiple shifts; and often including direct oversight or coordination of other contractors/subcontractors.
• Plan and direct the work activities for assigned construction crafts in alignment with available engineering deliverables, tools, construction equipment, and materials
• Approve or authorize the coordination of craft personnel, material, and equipment needed to meet schedules; typically responsible to establish construction crew organization and composition including craftsmen qualification level, foremen and general foremen
• Directly support project and construction management with planning and utilization of proper means and methods for all construction activities
• Analyze situations, identify and forecast pertinent problems and evaluate realistic options; and recommend/implement appropriate course of action
• Adhere to and support Fluor's Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 127256BR
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.