At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Bridging North America (BNA), a partnership of Fluor, ACS Infrastructure Canada and Aecon Group Inc., is seeking candidates for the Gordie Howe International Bridge project.
BNA was selected to design, build, finance, operate and maintain the CAD$5.7 billion (approximate US$4.4 billion) Gordie Howe International Bridge project for Windsor-Detroit Bridge Authority (WDBA).
When completed, the bridge will be the longest cable-stayed bridge in North America. The project includes a bridge and border crossing spanning the Detroit River and connecting Detroit, Michigan, U.S., and Windsor, Ontario, Canada, by linking Interstate 75 and Interstate 96 in Michigan with the new extension of Highway 401 (Rt. Hon. Herb Gray Parkway) in Ontario. The scope also includes building new, state-of-the-art ports of entry on both the U.S. and Canadian sides of the Detroit River as well as improvements to existing infrastructure in both Michigan and Ontario.
The Commissioning Coordinator – Electrical and Systems is responsible for ensuring turnover, commissioning, and handover activities are successfully completed on the Gordie Howe International Bridge Project. This includes the responsibility for on-time Handover of the Canadian and US Ports of Entry, the Bridge, and the Michigan Interchange. As the Bridging North America (BNA) Commissioning Coordinator, you will have reporting
responsibilities to the Handover Manager and will coordinate the Commissioning activities across all
the project segments related to Electrical and Instrumentation Systems. The size and complexity of this iconic project is both rewarding and challenging, and will require you to be process driven, goals orientated, flexible, and able to communicate effectively within the project
team and external stakeholders.
• Project point of contact for all Electrical and Instrumentation Systems, while working closely with the
third party commissioning agents to complete the commissioning scope.
• Be a visible leader through open and frequent communication with stakeholders.
• Actively participate and/or lead Internal and Client meetings related to turnover and commissioning.
• Develop and present related information to the BNA and Client Leadership Teams.
• Facilitate the interface meetings with Client, produce meeting minutes, and address action items.
• Facilitate the Interface meetings with 3rd parties (such as Government Agencies, subcontractors,
vendors) and produce notes of record.
• Participate as the Project Commissioning Coordinator at Sustainability meetings and document
reviews (LEED Compliance) for all electrical system issues.
• Coordinate Operations and Maintenance requirements during construction (training, Systems
Operations Manual development).
• Assist in managing the interface with the Commissioning Agent, including contract administration of
• Participate in the updates of the Commissioning Plan throughout the construction phase.
• Coordinate all Commissioning preparation and deliverables by subcontractors, vendors and third
party commissioning agents (schedule tests, training).
• Coordinate and administer the Commissioning Schedules, Test Procedures, and submittal forms to
• Manage the training delivery program to Client and Operations and Maintenance teams.
• Coordinate the inputs to the Systems Operations Manual.
• Ensure supporting documents are available for seasonal commissioning, off-seasonal commissioning,
and ongoing Building Systems Commissioning post-Handover.
• Facilitate internal Commissioning meetings with Handover Manager to align with the project
Handover procedure and approved execution strategy.
Oversight of critical issues.
• Develop agendas for internal and external meetings.
• Review documents issued to subcontractors and commissioning agents from the Records
• Load required records into the Records Management System: minutes, procedures, guidelines, forms
• Develop Commissioning Governance documents as required (white papers, forms, guidelines,
• Develop an integrated Commissioning Plan and Schedule.
• Sponsor the development and inputs for Asset Information Management System.
• Take accountability for delivery of the Commissioning requirements in the Project Agreement.
• Address Non-Conformance Reports and develop responses.
• Review Commissioning inputs in Quality Inspection and Testing Plans.
• Attend component and functional meetings.
• Assist with the development of the project completions database (CxAlloy) for commissioning
activities and work closely with the third party commissioning agents to identify records for
validation of commissioning scope.
• Assists in Turnover, Commissioning, and Handover submissions to the Client in a timely manner.
• Assists in the Handover submittal structure and liaise with the Clients appointed assessor.
• Participate in Commissioning integrated system testing.
Job ID: 138828BR
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.