Fluor Utility Plant Operator in Denver, Colorado
* Must have an active (or ability to obtain and maintain) TS/SCI with CI Polygraph *
Leads the operation and maintenance of the utility plant systems and equipment. Works with the other utility plant operators and the Utility Plant Supervisor to organize work, solve problems and provide a safe working environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties as assigned.
• Provides back-up for the Utility Plant Supervisor.
• Operates and performs complex diagnostics, repairs, calibrations, modifications and routine service on a wide variety of utility plant systems and equipment, including chillers, boilers, air compressors, pumps, cooling towers, air handlers, domestic water, controls, lighting, electrical security systems, fire systems etc.
• Performs preventive maintenance (PMs) and work orders along with normal housekeeping duties in the work areas and shop. Provides technical leadership, direction and assistance to junior staff.
• Mentors and assists with training of Utility Plant Operators. Promotes MTT and other training for operators as appropriate. Conducts hands-on assessments for assigned MTT courses based on areas of expertise.
• Develops and implements standard trade practices and procedures (using appropriate safety precautions) to produce quality workmanship commensurate with that of a journeyman level in one or more of the following skills: HVAC, electrical, plumbing, welding or electronics.
• Acts as liaison between the utility plant operators and management.
• Assists the Utility Plant Supervisor with completing required administrative tasks, including paperwork and computer processing. Assists with planning and scheduling of all utility plant work orders, ensuring all work orders are completed per schedule. Ensures required utility plant reports and deliverables are generated accurately and on-time.
• Ensures stock parts inventory (crib) tracking and withdrawal process is followed correctly. Coordinates requisition of non-stock parts, contacting potential suppliers, Purchasing and Receiving as needed.
• Assists Maintenance Engineering in developing, reviewing and modifying preventive and predictive maintenance procedures and schedules for all utility plant systems and equipment.
• Maintains complete and accurate documentation and equipment history files of the utility plant buildings, systems and equipment.
• Identifies and recommends proposed improvements to utility plant buildings, systems and equipment.
• Provides input to Engineering on proposed projects. Interfaces with Engineering Project Coordinators on various construction issues.
• Provides data and reports as required, including formal studies and evaluations, work plans, drawings or schematics or various other administrative functions such as status reports, equipment evaluations or development of scopes of work for outside contractors. Coordinates and inspects work of contractors to determine code and specifications compliance and workmanship.
• Performs the functions of the Utility Plant operator as required.
• Carries a pager 24/7 for emergency consultation and call-ins.
• Complies with all Fluor Corporation safety requirements and programs.
Job ID: 120750BR
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.