Fluor Pipefitter Journeyman in Denver, Colorado
Must have an active (or ability to obtain and maintain) TS/SCI with CI Polygraph
• The Journeyman Pipefitter installs, repairs, and maintains all types of fixed fire extinguishing systems, and pressurized closed hydronic systems (e.g. fire sprinkler, fire suppression).
• Operate all tools and equipment associated with this job, such as: carry decks, fork lifts, man lifts, basic rigging, pneumatic tools, electric tools, plasma cutting.
• Acquire and maintain all required local licensure (City of Denver, State of CO)
• Ability to read and understand construction blueprints, diagrams, and specifications used in installation activities.
Provide technical direction and on-the-site job training.
• Locates and marks position of pipe and pipe connections and passage holes for pipes in walls and floors, using ruler, spirit level, and plumb bob.
• Cuts openings in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings, using handtools and power tools. Cuts and threads pipe, using pipe cutters, cutting torch, and pipe-threading machine.
• Bends pipe to required angle by use of pipe-bending machine or by placing pipe over block and bending it by hand.
• Assembles and installs valves, pipe fittings, and pipes composed of metals, such as iron, steel, brass, and lead, and nonmetals, such as glass, vitrified clay, and plastic, using hand tools and power tools.
•Ability to compare project takeoff and/or layout for both new and replacement of piping systems.
• Joins pipes by use of screws, bolts, fittings, solder, plastic solvent, welding, braising, and calks joints.
•Knowledge of hydronic system design and able to calculate CFM.
•Knowledge of pump repair, alignment, and maintenance.
•Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 123406BR
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.