Fluor Electrical Engineer IV in Denver, Colorado
* Must have an active (or ability to obtain and maintain) TS/SCI with CI Polygraph*
Will work under general supervision to initiate, lead, plan, implement, develop risk mitigation strategies, and ensure quality through testing and validation activities. The Electrical Engineer shall perform, but not limited to:
• Be responsible for multiple facilities project management activities throughout the life of a project
• Be responsible for the start-up, testing, troubleshooting and design of analog and digital control systems and facilities systems
• Demonstrate a working knowledge in and programming experience with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) and Distributed Control Systems (DCS) for process control and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition Systems (SCADA)
• Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of AC/DC electronic theory, solid-state electronics, Project Intent Document (PID) control systems, DDC controls, and computer operations and data transfer protocols
• Be responsible for electrical, HVAC, fire alarm, and electronic control systems
• Assist in developing capital project programs for new equipment and major repairs; direct and coordinate manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and customer requirements
• Compile data and write reports regarding existing and potential engineering studies and projects
• Conduct field surveys and study maps, graphs, diagrams, and other data to identify and correct power system problems
• Design, implement, maintain, and improve electrical instruments, equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems
• Inspect completed installations and observe operations to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards
• Perform detailed calculations to compute and establish manufacturing, construction, and installation standards and specifications
• Oversee and coordinate operations, maintenance, repair, and inspections of all equipment and mechanical rooms
• Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for electrical system related activities.
• Utilize design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
• Coordinate activities with architecture, engineering, construction, and space planning efforts, and all customers; be able to coordinate operations, maintenance, repair, inspections for all equipment and mechanical rooms
• Coordinate activities with trade shops, including Work Requests and recap projects
• Be familiar with Honeywell and Carrier Control Systems, and other similar control systems
Job ID: 124143BR
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.