At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
* Must have an active (or ability to obtain and maintain) TS/SCI with CI Polygraph*
Chiller technicians are responsible for maintaining the chilled water serving commercial buildings.
Chiller technicians may also be called upon to repair or replace parts in these systems when they break down. This can include anything from replacing a compressor to repairing a leaky valve or hose.
• Operating and maintaining chillers and cooling tower equipment to ensure that they are working properly
• Inspecting the mechanical equipment in facilities to ensure proper operation
• Performing routine maintenance on chillers and cooling towers, including cleaning and repairing pumps, compressors, and evaporators
• Maintaining records of equipment to ensure mission readiness and critical parts are readily available
• Installing new cooling equipment when needed
• Repairing small mechanical breakdowns such as leaks or punching/cleaning chiller tubes
• Monitoring the operation of chillers and cooling towers to ensure that they are operating within safe limits
• Determining when repairs are needed and coordinating with contractors who perform the repairs
• Must have a clear understanding of controls associated with various chillers (ex. Pneumatic & electrical control systems)
• Ability to work with outside contractors and oversee repairs to ensure mission readiness.
• Other duties as assigned.
Salary Rate: $40.00 to $50.00/hour + $4.60/hour Fringe
Positions covered by the McNamara-O'Hara Service Contract Act or Davis-Bacon Act will comply with the statute requirements.
Job ID: 138098BR
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.