At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Do you excel at leading and executing Life Science projects together with your team?
Do you want to be a part of building the presence of Fluor Corporation in Denmark?
Do you thrive in an international environment where we design and build the world’s most challenging projects together with our clients?
Then you might be our new colleague!
We are looking for Fire Engineer to join our team in Fluor’s Nordic Technology Hub.
Fluor Corporation has established a Technology Hub in Copenhagen to serve the Nordic countries. Our office in Portland Towers is new and we are hiring some of the brightest professionals who take pride in delivering top-notch services and solutions to our clients. We are looking for the “first movers” who get excited about building Fluor’s reputation in the Nordics, the ones who enjoy teamwork and know that good relationships and respectful communication with clients and colleagues is the foundation for successful project execution. We build our culture on trust, diversity, and flexibility to work from where the need is, because we believe that our employees’ well-being is also our responsibility. You will be part of something big as Fluor employs 47.000 people globally - but our Copenhagen family is still small but growing.
The position is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating all activities of the technical services program including a comprehensive inspection program of all Post facilities to detect and eliminate hazards in a high fire expectancy area, and a post-wide population motivation training program in fire prevention.
Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Participates in the administration and planning of a comprehensive fire prevention program at the installation
• Prepares facilities inspection and testing inspection schedules for all buildings, facilities, fire alarm systems, sprinkler systems, and other extinguishing systems that are tested by fire prevention and suppression personnel
• Manages the Hazard Assessment Inspection Program, Public Fire Prevention and Education Program, Fire Protection Engineering, and Extinguisher Maintenance Program
• Responsible for implementing internal controls, self-inspection, and audit compliance. Ensures education in and compliance with security directives for employees.
• Development and implementation of policies
• Prepares, executes, and schedules assignments of subordinate personnel to inspection and training duties to ensure the installation meets the training requirements provided by the department
• Maintains current knowledge of the Post, its structures, and all systems related to fire protection and prevention
• Plans, administers, and supervises the fire prevention education program
• Coordinates with fire protection operations personnel to develop new pre-fire plans, and review and update existing plans.
• Regularly practices and enforces a sound safety management program
• Reviews construction and modification plans, confers with engineers, and provides technical/functional assistance on fire prevention and building design criteria
Qualifications: Personnel must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 143452BR
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.