Fluor Lead Systems Manager in Chicago, Illinois
• This is a senior level position on an iconic $1.3B project in Chicago. Primary responsibility is to manage a team engineers to deliver an overall work scope for design, installation and testing commission for operating systems that includes train control signaling system, traction power, and communication systems.
• Reports to the Project Manager
• Rail project experience is essential, delivery of rail infrastructure, systems or rolling stock.
• Experience in design build projects is essential and P3/DBFOM desirable.
• The candidate will demonstrate experience in managing contracts with rail system suppliers and vendors.
• Working closely with the System Integration Manager and the Design Manager to deliver compliant integrated systems designs issued for construction.
• Apply Cost Competitive Execution techniques to develop the most cost-effective total project solution for execution of the discipline engineering work
• Management of key contracts with signal supplier and electrical installation contractor – managing meetings, executive sessions, project schedules, project budgets, payments and invoicing.
• Managing client relationship, expediting approvals and timely resolution of issues, contractual conflicts and managing project risk.
• Future mobility is desirable. Current project is based in Chicago for the next 4 years with further opportunities in North America on future rail projects.
Job ID: 126474BR
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.