At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Fluor joint venture with Walsh Construction Company is seeking candidates for the CTA R&P project.
The JV team was selected by the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) to design and build Phase One of the Red and Purple Line Modernization Program. The $2.1 billion project will be the largest capital project in CTA’s history, ultimately resulting in expanded capacity and improved infrastructure along the region’s most used rail lines.
The project involves building new elevated tracks along a 1.9-mile section in Chicago, including new bridges, support structures and existing tracks. Four of the CTA’s busiest stations will be replaced, and a grade-separated bypass for the Brown Line at Clark Junction will be built, along with the upgrading the signal system.
This position performs quality assurance assignments requiring the application of standard techniques and procedures. This role initially prepares quality assurance documents and procedures, and assists all levels of department or project personnel in quality-related matters.
• Assist in the preparation of project audit schedules, discipline activity plans for the Quality function, and audit reports (internal and external), noting non-conformances and verifying effective corrective action
• Assist (if directed by senior Quality management) the Project Manager in developing an orientation program to ensure that the project teams are familiar with the requirements of the Project Quality Plan; including other Quality matters, if required
• Act as a Quality auditor and may follow up on audit findings and corrective actions
• Assess (if directed by senior Quality management) the ability of the suppliers to meet the Quality requirements of the project
• Assist in the maintenance of project Quality records for all phases of the project
• Execute project Quality work in accordance with approved Activity Plans
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 141409BR
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.