At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Area 2 – Mechanical Superintendent
Duration: 18 Months
Passport: Only European
Scope of Activities
For a Fluor Project in Greece, we are looking for an Area 2 – Mechanical Superintendent to join our team. In this position you will provide the essential project support, including but not limited to, the points listed below.
On the Skouries Mining Project located in Northern Greece we are constructing a series of the largest mining Filter Press equipment fabricated a in Europe and we are looking for an experienced Mechanical Supervisor/ Superintendent with previous experience in Mining equipment specifically the erection, assembly of large Filter Press equipment.
Principal Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Plan and manage the work activities within assigned construction subcontractors in alignment with available engineering deliverables, tools, construction equipment, and materials
• Confirm that subordinate line supervisors and construction workforce are trained and knowledgeable of specifications and work procedures, that material is being utilized to ensure optimum efficiency, and that work is being performed in conformance with specified quality requirements
• Assist with management of contractor activities in conjunction with contracts administration group
• Monitor the work activities schedules and manpower requirements to meet established completion dates together with optimized productivity
• Review the coordination of subcontractor personnel, material, and equipment needed to meet schedules
• Oversee all activities with a driven focus on change management and project controls elements
• Play an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work performed
• Manage construction equipment as required, including planning, monitoring, and controlling such as needed to assure safe and efficient construction execution
• Directly support project and construction management with planning and utilization of proper means and methods for all construction activities
• Analyze situations, identify and forecast pertinent problems and evaluate realistic options; and recommend/implement appropriate course of action
• Organize and prioritize a variety of complex projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet critical time deadlines
• Maintain compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and global standards
• Adhere to and support Fluor's Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies
• Effectively develop and apply the Core Skills to the job
• May need to travel to attend to business related matters
• Meet expectations on attendance and punctuality
Job ID: 141903BR
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.