Fluor Sr Consultant - Lab Director in Chalk River, Ontario
Nuclear Laboratory Manager – Responsible for overseeing the ongoing successful daily operation, financial budgeting and strategic planning of nuclear laboratory facilities primarily located Chalk River. This position will be responsible for managing a diverse portfolio of science and technology projects spanning fundamental research in physics, biology, and chemistry through nuclear energy generation, health effect, environmental impacts, nuclear medicine, and high impact global security programs. Operating responsibilities include nuclear reactors, numerous non-reactor nuclear facilities and a complex array non-nuclear research facilities. Reports directly to the Chief Executive of Officer of the CNEA.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Manage Laboratory resources and activities program wide.
• Develop and implement the Laboratory strategic plan
• Maintain accountability for the successful execution of projects within the scope of the contract and for the timely implementation, forecasting, and achievement of all project goals and objectives (including Safety, Risk Management, Quality, Schedule, Financial Performance and Project Reporting).
• Responsible for identifying and minimizing risk in own area.
• Develop strong relationships with clients, teaming partners, and key stakeholders.
• Demonstrate strong leadership development and mentoring skills.
• Provide regular and monthly reporting to all key stakeholders as required.
• Coordinate and adjudicate resource assignments and priorities between multiple projects to optimize success of all projects, including supporting other Canadian projects or needs.
• Take a leadership role in the identification and resolution of issues impacting projectimplementation. Support the implementation of Risk Mitigation plans
• Assist in the development, refinement and enhancement of laboratory processes,procedures and methodologies necessary for the successful execution of
• Work with Senior Management to develop the leadership and management abilities ofsubordinates through goal setting, training, counseling, mentoring, setting standards of performance, employee assessments, and management training programs.
• Take a direct leadership role on of the portfolio of science and technology programs.
• Ensure Senior Management is informed of change of plans to that costs, schedules, andperformance.
Job ID: 122610BR
City: Chalk River
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.