Fluor Structural Design Engineer IV in Cebu City, Philippines
The purpose of this position is to provide the essential administrative processes, technical knowledge, and perform the work listed. This role has the responsibility to promote Fluor’s competitiveness within the global marketplace by delivering quality services of unmatched value and technical competence. This position serves as an Area Lead or Lead on assigned projects or performs moderately complex engineering assignments, evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques to a broad set of complex assignments.
• Under general supervision, perform and check most types structural analysis/calculations and design of various structures using both computer-aided and manual design techniques;
• Provide assistance to the Lead Engineer as requested, in the areas of schedules, estimates, progress reports, meetings, procurement, activities, etc.;
• If serving in a Lead or Area Lead position, perform all or some of the following: organize/plan jobs, write/review specifications, prepare/maintain schedules, develop/monitor estimates and manpower forecasts, assign work, work with project/client/field, material procurement and subcontract activities;
• Utilize vendor data and work with personnel from other disciplines, as required, for the performance of designs;
• Perform squad check of vendor data and drawings from other discipline;
• Exhibit thorough understanding of pertinent codes and governing regulations and industry practices, etc.;
• Perform self-check of completed work, develop self-confidence, and provide guidance to less experienced engineers;
• Travel, as required, to ensure successful execution of project and/or department goals, and attend external technical seminars;
• Apply Cost Competitive Execution techniques to develop the most cost-effective total project solution for execution of the discipline engineering work;
• Develop and review specifications, including design criteria;
• Participate in activities associated with equipment and material procurement, permitting, and subcontracting;
• Perform and check calculations, specify equipment, and solve moderately complex engineering problems;
• Review vendor equipment documentation within the discipline and from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements, and actively seek discrepancy resolution;
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines; and
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 107791BR
City: Cebu City
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.