Fluor Structural Design Engineer I in Cebu City, Philippines
The purpose of this position is to provide intermediate technical knowledge, and perform the work listed. This role has the responsibility to promote Fluor’s competitiveness within the global marketplace by delivering quality services of unmatched value and technical competence. This position supports the Area Lead or Lead on assigned projects and evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques to a small set of moderately difficult assignments.
• Under general supervision, perform and check moderately complex structural analysis/calculations and design of various structures using both computer-aided and manual design techniques;
• Prepare working drawings and sketches, calculations and specifications;
• Provide assistance to the Lead Engineer or perform duties as an Area Lead, as requested, in areas of schedule, estimates, progress reports, meetings, procurement activities, etc.
• Utilize vendor data and work with personnel from other disciplines, as required, for the performance of designs;
• Perform squad check of vendor data and drawings from other discipline;
• Prepare technical reports as required during the design process;
• Perform project coordination and attend to progress coordination meetings;
• Travel, as required, to ensure successful execution of project and/or department goals, and attend external technical seminars;
• Assist the Lead in employing cost competitive engineering techniques to develop the most cost-effective total project solution for execution of the discipline engineering work;
• Develop and review specifications, including design criteria;
• Participate in activities associated with equipment and material procurement, permitting, and subcontracting;
• Perform and check calculations, specify equipment, and solve problems of moderate engineering complexity;
• Review vendor equipment documentation within the discipline and from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements, and actively seek discrepancy resolution;
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines; and
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 107787BR
City: Cebu City
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.