Fluor Civil Associate Design Engineer II in Cebu City, Philippines
The purpose of this position is to apply a general understanding of design engineering principles as listed. This role has the responsibility to promote Fluor’s competitiveness within the global marketplace by delivering quality services of unmatched value and technical competence. This position supports the Area Lead or Lead on assigned projects and performs routine aspects of engineering assignments, applying basic engineering principles.
• Under general supervision, perform more detailed design and become familiar with applicable Codes and Standards;
• Perform site planning and layout design of various structures and equipment for industrial projects;
• Prepare working drawings and perform and check the most routine types of calculations and design using both computer-aided and manual design techniques
• Utilize vendor data and work with personnel from other disciplines as required for the performance of designs;
• Perform squad check of vendor data and drawings from other discipline;
• Assist the Lead Engineer as required;
• Participate in department training programs/seminars and on-line training;
• Perform and check routine calculations, specify simple equipment, and solve problems of simple engineering complexity;
• Review vendor equipment documentation within the discipline and from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements, and actively seek discrepancy resolution
• Monitor material estimates and quantities; participate in equipment and material procurement activities;
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines;
• Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines, and
• Other duties as assigned.
Job ID: 107781BR
City: Cebu City
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.