At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Join a global leader. Propel the Energy Transition. Design and build the world’s toughest projects. Transform the future, today.
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
The Supply Chain group is a dynamic team in which Purchasing, material management, and leadership skills are combined to effectively support our clients. In addition to a solid education focusing on Supply Chain, a strong set of personal competencies is a prerequisite for success. Being a team player and having an ability to interact effectively with client organizations, others disciplines, vendors, and contractors in our taskforce is essential.
This position provides leadership in the functional area and is primarily engaged in management activities that establish the direction of a, function, or project. The position requires the application of knowledge gained from experience and expertise to the job duties and responsibilities.. Position serves as a Project Expediting Lead on a medium- to large-sized EPFC projects. This role has key responsibilities for critical supplier negotiations.
Principle Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Serve as project member in the formulation of plans and the execution of the overall expediting activity and/or assist in the planning and execution of specialized expediting activities for the project or office, as applicable
• Manage the expediting work process and reports the material management status of purchased material and equipment from the time of purchase through receipt at assigned points of use
• Manage the development of all expediting activities from the purchase to close-out, and assign expediting assignments to personnel
• Perform supervisory responsibilities as appropriate
• Review and action planning reports to appropriate persons for follow-up to support Fabrication or Construction
• Maintain the highest ethical standards of Material Management professional responsibility
• Typically manage personnel and provide an environment for the development and professional advancement of staff members, including on-the-job and formal training and development opportunities ,and timely performance feedback
• Leverage internal and external resources to administer policies and procedures consistently across all business lines, functions, and locations
• Analyze situations, identify and forecast pertinent problems and evaluate realistic options; and recommend/implement appropriate course of action
• Organize and prioritize a variety of complex projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet critical time deadlines
• Maintain compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and global standards
• Adhere to and support Fluor's Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies
• Effectively develop and apply the Core Skills to the job
• May need to travel to attend to business related matters
• Meet expectations on attendance and punctuality
• Other duties as assigned
Expediting Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with the Material Manager the staffing of the project's expediting function in accordance with the requirements of the project Material Responsibility Matrix
• Managing the execution of all expediting activities on the project in compliance with the project Baseline and procedures, plans, and schedules
• Interact with the Project Material Manager, Discipline Leads, and Client on a day-to-day basis to meet project expediting objectives
• Effectively manage personnel within multi-functional, culturally and regionally diverse project team
• Prepare and maintain Project Expediting Management Plan
• Prepare and maintain Project Shop Expediting Plan in compliance with the project budget
• Prepare Project Expediting Procedures
Job ID: 141062BR
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.