Fluor MC Plus Database Lead (Pre-commissioning and Turnover )- in Calgary, Alberta
Under Direct Supervision, this position reports the assigned project Pre-commissioning and Turnover Manager.
Discipline Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Proficient in setup of Medium to Large size project completions data tracking program.
• Project setup, initial implementation, population and Administration of the current equivalent completions tracking program. This includes working with discipline engineers as well as construction and construction contractors supplying data to populate the database.
Initial set up (structure & functionality) of the Completions database.
• Assist in determining Engineering drawing and data deliverables and timing
• Develop a set of instructions to manage updates to the Completions database due to Engineering IFC drawing revision changes
• Develop plans, procedures and instructions to manage the day to day operation and maintenance of the Completions database
• Assist in identifying the project data that will be uploaded to the Completions database
• Develop a set of instructions that will validate input data prior to uploading into the Completions database
• Manage the overall integrity of information flowing between; Engineering, Construction, Contractor, Vendors, Commissioning and the Completions database
• Develop a Completions security protocol for users requiring access to the Completions database
• Identify project and Commissioning expected inputs necessary to the operation for the Completions database.
• Develop Completion database standards for document bar-coding book marks
• Develop Completions database standards to effectively manage Punchlists for the project.
• Prepares and issues completion project reports which identify activities, status and performance for the project.
• Reviews construction execution plans, completions execution plans and activities.
• Works with construction in the efficient turnover of facilities.
• Interfaces with construction, sub-contractors, turnover & commissioning and project groups to ensure the physical documentation requirements for the turnover of systems and facilities are complete and ready for submission.
• Monitors progress tracking. Submits weekly reports outlining construction turnover progress and one-week look ahead of upcoming activities, controls punch-list database.
• Aligning and incorporating new team members through coaching or other orientation practices.
• Understanding the current capabilities of automation tools and ensuring that they are being utilized to the full benefit of the department and project.
• Works with Construction Management in communicating / identifying / mitigating potential risks that could adversely affect project completion success.
• Supports turnover database management systems of Current equivalent completions program.
• Supports system walk-downs, punch-list closure, and turnover acceptance efforts.
• Maintains turnover dossiers and transfer care custody and control documentation.
• Monitors performance in turning over the systems, sub-systems.
• Maintains technical knowledge by keeping current on applicable processes, practices, and best methods.
• Ensure proper usage of systems and programs by conducting training classes for turnover & commissioning and/or client personnel.
• Ensures effective application of all tools, techniques and programs by maintaining strategic turnover & commissioning programs, including pre-commissioning programs, and preservation programs.
• Enhances skills, performance and development of all employees by sponsoring and promoting completions training programs so that adherence to operations guidelines and specifications is ensured and work of the highest quality prevails.
• Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following and enforcing established project procedures relating to safety, work permitting and work order systems; adhering to legal requirements.
• Participates in the career development of Completions Personnel assigned to the completions team.
• Continually improves personal technical, commercial, and organizational knowledge and skills
• Performs other duties as assigned and requested.
Job ID: 122560BR
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.