At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
At our project site in Boden, Sweden we are looking for an HSE Supervisor I as of now.
The purpose of this position is to supervise Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) professionals to create and sustain a productive work culture and safe work environment in order to avoid and minimize HSE related problems. These problems include but are not limited to prevention of human injury, environmental degradation and unsafe working conditions/practices. This is done through health, safety and environmental training, programs, and processes with a visible and uncompromised commitment to the protection of the environment as well as the productivity of the Company’s employees.
Principal Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Supervise and train subordinates assigned to her/his area on HSE activities on Total Installed Cost (TIC) of medium to large-scale projects; duties may include preparation of certification/classification programs, the preparation of the supporting HSE documents and implementation of project specific HSE initiatives
• Confirm project site adheres to Company and regulatory HSE standards and guidelines
• Conduct onsite risk assessment and mitigation
• Apply regulatory requirements to provide guidance and recommendations to project management; participate in monitoring and controlling HSE standards, applicable laws and regulations; and design and review a project plan or schematic to confirm compliance with all governmental regulations and Company/client requirements
• Plan, conduct and document work requiring independent evaluation, selection, and adaptation/modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria:, in example, Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA), coordination and execution of Safety Cases (SC) and support studies, Quantitative Risk Assessments (QRA), Process Hazard Analyses (PHA), Fire Protection Specifications (FPS), Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) and perform analysis of regulations against project needs so that design will comply with regulations
• Promote and foster Company HSE standards and goals with programs throughout the Company and/or project to confirm a safe and productive work environment
• Prepare, maintain, interpret and communicate records, reports, or documents that may be required to meet corporate or regulatory requirements, including monitoring application of HSE standards and goals through its programs
• Develop project compliance programs through an analysis of regulations
• Provide input for HSE permit preparation on projects by maintaining knowledge of current guidelines and regulations
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines
• Plan and organize own work assignments, as well as carry out tasks from management staff
• Maintain compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and global standards •
Adhere to and support Fluor's Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies •
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 143318BR
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.