At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
HSE PTW Lead
(HSE Technical Specialist III / 66BB27 / 19)
At our project site in Boden, Sweden we are looking for an HSE PTW (Permit-to-work) Lead as of now.
The purpose of this position is to apply diverse and complex technology constructs to propose new methods to create and sustain a productive work culture and safe work environment in order to avoid and minimize Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) related problems.
Principal Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Work on projects of broad and diverse scope HSE activities on medium to large-scale Total Installed Cost (TIC) projects; duties may include preparation of certification/classification programs, the preparation of the supporting HSE documents and implementation of project specific HSE initiatives
• Responsible for the Permit-to-work (PTW) management system procedure, used to ensure that work is done safely and efficiently. This involves procedured request, review, authorization, documenting and, most importantly, de-conflicting of tasks to be carried out by front line workers
• Take precautions, so that the actions can be performed in a non-hazardous way following all governmental regulations and Company/client requirements
• Ensure affected personnel are aware of the nature of the work and the hazards associated with it, all safety precautions have been put in place before starting the task, and the work has been completed correctly
• Authorize for work to commence and inform other workgroups/client of work being performed in their area
• Decide independently on actions to be taken in case of an emergency
• Apply regulatory requirements to provide guidance to project management; assist in monitoring and controlling HSE standards, applicable laws and regulations; and design and review a project plan or schematic to confirm compliance with all governmental regulations and Company/client requirements
• Maintain and apply a comprehensive knowledge of the Company’s HSE standards, programs and goals by applying HSE procedures as established by the Company on a project site or in an office through departmental training, Fluor University® training and the use of knowledge management portals and communities
• Promote and foster Company HSE standards and goals with programs throughout the Company and/or project to confirm a safe and productive work environment
• Prepare, maintain, interpret and communicate records, reports, or documents that may be required to meet corporate or regulatory requirements, including monitoring complex application of HSE standards and goals through its programs
• Establish and maintain communications with client representatives and project staff through meetings, phone conferences and emails to provide for client satisfaction
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Adhere to and support Fluor's Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 143320BR
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.