At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
This position is for an on-site Project Manager at the Livent facility in Bessemer City, NC.
Fluor Enterprises Inc. has a Master Services Agreement with Livent and has been requested to provide support to the plant's capital program. Plant Engineering Services LLC (PES) specializes in small-mid cap projects and as a wholly owned subsidiary of Fluor, has been asked to provide project management, engineering and design resources to support the plant's capital program.
The successful candidate for this position would be responsible for managing multiple projects at the facility.
This position requires an individual to be able to effectively function in a matrix environment. They must be able to interface seamlessly within the client’s organization (projects, operations, safety, etc.). It is also the expectation that they work with Fluor's Account Manager for Livent to identify opportunities in which Fluor or PES can provide added value to Livent.
Position Summary: Lead and participate in all aspects of Project Management for Livent facility-approved projects to ensure safe execution of the projects on time and on budget. Develop scope & statement of work, schedule, manage budget, approve purchases and source selections, and manage sub-contractors and available in-house resources. Gather requirements, maintain customer/stakeholder involvement, participate in design reviews, provide feedback, create an implementation plan, execute, provide quality assurance, and ensure proper closeout. Provide detailed inspection of project implementation, coordinate with the labor force, sub-contractors, and site authorities. Provide proper site permits, work authorization documents, and coordinate all affected/impacted parties.
Essential Duties Include:
• Responsibilities range from concept through commissioning
• Develop and review estimates and schedules, and progress reports
• Develop and review specifications, including design and construction criteria
• Participate in activities associated with equipment and material procurement, permitting, and subcontracting
• Perform and check calculations, specify equipment, and solve problems of complex to difficult engineering complexity
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity following organization and project objectives and guidelines
• Construction-related activities including daily inspections, red-lines, submittal review, and approval
• Follow the Livent Capital Deployment Process (CDP) to execute the projects
Job ID: 136292BR
City: Bessemer City
State: North Carolina
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.