Fluor Process/Specialty Engineer III in Bessemer City, North Carolina
Plant Engineering Services LLC, a Fluor company, is committed to providing our customers in the oil, gas & chemical, power, mining and manufacturing industries flexible solutions for their capital project and plant support needs. These solutions encompass the highest quality measures and safe practices in the industry.
Plant Engineering Services LLC, offers a full range of services, including project management, controls and estimating, process design basis development, front-end engineering and design, detailed engineering and design, procurement, and engineering support during construction.
The purpose of this position is to provide technical knowledge on projects and perform Process Technology assignments of intermediate to moderate complexity.
This position is for an on-site Project/Process Engineer at the Livent facility in Bessemer City, NC.
The successful candidate for this position would be responsible for managing multiple, small to mid-size projects at the facility in accordance with Livent’s stage gated based capital management process.
This position requires an individual to be able to effectively function in a matrix environment. They must be able to interface seamlessly within the client’s organization (projects, operations, safety, etc.).
• Follow client specific project requirements. Where applicable, and when not in conflict with client procedures, utilize PES project management Best Practices.
• Point of engagement into the client’s capital management process will vary from project to project.
• Work with the client (as needed) to help identify business needs and supporting business cases documentation.
• Work with environmental specialist or group to define environmental requirements and/or define consequences/blast/dispersion modeling .
• Participate in plot plan review and Hazard and Operability (HAZOP) reviews in regard to plant safety/operability/Safety Integrity Level (SIL) assignment .
• Work with environmental specialist or group to define environmental requirements and/or define consequences/blast/dispersion modeling
• Prepare process design specifications containing all components necessary to satisfy contract requirements: process description, process design basis, configuration and other studies, Heat and Material Balance (H&MB), Process Flow Diagrams (PFD), Material Selection Diagrams (MSD), process equipment specifications, process equipment lists, instrument data, relief valve data, contingency analysis, relief loads, catalyst chemical summaries, emission summaries, safeguarding memorandum
• Perform broad range of process engineering assignments with respect to various and differing industries and systems
• Plan and conduct work in evaluation, selection and application of standard process engineering techniques, procedures and criteria
• Participate in bid tab evaluations for equipment; check vendor data for equipment
• For assigned projects, assume a leadership role in guiding projects through the clients approval process.
• Support project cost estimation and validation by working with both client and vendor personnel.
• Responsible for managing cost and schedule throughout all phases of assigned projects.
• Coordinate with site planners to establish effective construction schedules and support site during start up and commissioning.
• Lead project execution by organizing scheduling meetings, design review meetings, PHA’s, MOC safety reviews, etc. as required by plant capital process.
• Responsible for assuring that multiple solutions (pros and cons) are considered to address client project goals.
• Provide design input directly to small size projects that do not require outside engineering/design support.
• Responsible for project handover and closure including all required documentation and training.
• In conjunction with Project Controls, prepares project reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends. Provides regular updates to client personnel through regular and clear communications.
• Assure that issues and concerns are addressed in timely, open and honest manner.
• Comply with Federal, State and local government regulations.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Be willing to accept other (reasonable) client defined duties not covered in this job description.
Job ID: 114497BR
City: Bessemer City
State: North Carolina
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.