Fluor Plant Engineering: Associate Process/Project Engineer II in Bessemer City, North Carolina
Plant Engineering Services LLC, a Fluor company, is committed to providing our customers in the oil, gas & chemical, power, mining and manufacturing industries flexible solutions for their capital project and plant support needs. These solutions encompass the highest quality measures and safe practices in the industry.
Plant Engineering Services LLC, offers a full range of services, including project management, controls and estimating, process design basis development, front-end engineering and design, detailed engineering and design, procurement, and engineering support during construction.
This position is for an on-site Project/Process Engineer at the Livent facility in Bessemer City, NC
The successful candidate for this position would be responsible for supporting multiple, small to mid-size projects at the facility in accordance with Livent’s stage gated based capital management process.
This position requires an individual to be able to effectively function in a matrix environment. They must be able to interface seamlessly within the client’s organization (projects, operations, safety, etc.).
• Follow client specific project requirements. Where applicable, and when not in conflict with client procedures, utilize PES project management Best Practices.
• Perform basic process engineering assignments
• Generate, calculate, and correlate data to assist higher level engineers in performing required engineering functions
• Understand and follow Process Design Basis and Process Design Criteria
• Maintain awareness of cost impacts related to process design
• Understand client objectives and goals; implement these objectives and goals in all aspects of work on the project
• Work with the client (as needed) to help identify business needs and supporting business cases documentation.
• Work with environmental specialist or group to define environmental requirements and/or define consequences/blast/dispersion modeling .
• Participate in plot plan review and Hazard and Operability (HAZOP) reviews in regard to plant safety/operability/Safety Integrity Level (SIL) assignment .
• Work with environmental specialist or group to define environmental requirements and/or define consequences/blast/dispersion modeling
• Prepare process design specifications containing all components necessary to satisfy contract requirements: process description, process design basis, configuration and other studies, Heat and Material Balance (H&MB), Process Flow Diagrams (PFD), Material Selection Diagrams (MSD), process equipment specifications, process equipment lists, instrument data, relief valve data, contingency analysis, relief loads, catalyst chemical summaries, emission summaries, safeguarding memorandum
• Participate in bid tab evaluations for equipment; check vendor data for equipment
• For assigned projects, assist in guiding projects through the clients approval process.
• Responsible for assuring that multiple solutions are considered to address client project goals.
• Provide design input directly to small size projects that do not require outside engineering/design support.
• Assisting with project handover and closure including all required documentation and training.
• In conjunction with Project Controls, prepares project reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends. Provides regular updates to client personnel through regular and clear communications.
• Assure that issues and concerns are addressed in timely, open and honest manner.
• Comply with Federal, State and local government regulations.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Be willing to accept other (reasonable) client defined duties not covered in this job description.
• Assist with process studies
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 114495BR
City: Bessemer City
State: North Carolina
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.