At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Fluor Consultants BV is focusing on developing long-term relationships with customers in revamping, debottlenecking and expanding the production capacity of their existing facilities in the process Industry in the southwest of the Netherlands. The Bergen op Zoom, Rotterdam & Stein offices provide the full project execution services, from conceptual engineering through commissioning and construction support. We have a unique market capacity to offer integrated solutions to our clients. This includes fabrication, modularization, and maintenance.
The Electrical & Instrumentation & Control System (EI&CS) group is a dynamic team in which engineering, design and leadership skills are combined to effectively support our clients. In addition to a solid education focusing on engineering and design, a strong set of personal competencies is a prerequisite for success. Being a team player and having an ability to interact effectively with client’s organization and others disciplines in our taskforce is essential.
In these projects, engineers/designers take responsibility for the functionality of the EI&CS project scope in the oil, gas and (petro)-chemical industry, renewable energy solutions, life sciences and advanced manufacturing. They work within a task force for the realization of multi-discipline projects in close cooperation with vendors and clients to translate functional specifications into technical solutions.
The successful candidate is responsible for and must be able to:
• Perform engineering in all project phases e.g. feasibility studies, conceptual design, front-end design, detail engineering and design and plant commissioning for integration of new facilities in revamp type project as well for ‘small’ grass-root type of projects in all commonly used industrial DCS and Safeguarding systems e.g.Yokogawa, Invensys, Honeywell, Hima, Emerson, Siemens. Work activities include:
Development of: P&ID’s; instrument index; small IO extensions till complete new control systems; legacy control system migration plans; adjusting control, sequence and safeguarding narratives based on the actual system platform; E&I&CS input to other disciplines; scope of work; migration, integration and cut-over plans for both hard and software; integration of the control system hardware scope in the total design packages e.g. loop diagrams, wiring diagrams, power supply, UPS, fiber optic, ethernet, serial fieldbus and profibus.
The complete cycle of writing/reviewing control-systems specifications in accordance with client requirements and authority regulations, supplier selection, purchasing, supplier drawing review, factory acceptance tests, coordinate field implementation including site acceptance test, commissioning and turn-over.
Participate in HAZOP, LOPA sessions and performing functional safety studies (SIL) including safety calculations and developing SRS.
• Supervision, planning, organization of the work:
Coordinate the control systems engineering and design; assign work in cooperation with senior lead engineer.
Prepare schedules, estimates, man-power forecasts and apply change-risk management.
Communicate and align with clients, vendors and other disciplines.
Supervise and act as mentor for a group of junior and intermediate level engineers/designers.
• Promote and support Value improvements initiatives and Continuous Performance Improvement.
Fluor can offer:
• Competitive salary package including a variable profit sharing
• A fiscal maximized defined contribution pension scheme
• A flexible work arrangement with the possibility to work from home and save additional vacation days on top of the regular paid vacation days
• An excellent insurance package in addition to the Dutch social security
• Excellent development opportunities in a dynamic international project environment.
Job ID: 141942BR
City: Bergen op Zoom
State: North Brabant
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.