Fluor Senior Civil Structural Lead Engineer in Bergen op Zoom, Netherlands
Scope of Activities
Fluor Consultants BV is focusing on developing long-term relationships with customers in revamping, debottlenecking and expanding the production capacity of their existing facilities in the process Industry in the South West of the Netherlands. The Bergen op Zoom and Poortugaal (Rotterdam) offices provide the full project execution services: from conceptual engineering through commissioning and construction support. Together with Stork (a Fluor company), we have the unique market capacity to offer integrated solutions to our clients. This includes fabrication, modularization and maintenance.
The Civil Structural Architectural (CSA) group is a dynamic team in which engineering, design and leadership skills are combined to effectively support our clients. In addition to a solid education focusing on engineering and/or design, a strong set of personal competencies is a prerequisite for success. Being a team player and having an ability to interact effectively with client’s organization and other disciplines in our taskforce is essential.
The civil structural Lead Engineer will be responsible for civil and structural engineering and design services for a large variety of brown field and revamp facilities for petrochemical, oil, chemical gas and industrial services. These services comprise of conceptual design, project specifications, basic engineering, extend basic engineering and detailed design and engineering.
In addition regular contact with Client and or Owner representatives, consultants, specialist, vendors and construction contractors for coordination, classification and guidance regarding CSA design, engineering and construction activities.
• Perform CSA design development in several project phases e.g. conceptual design, front-end design, detail engineering and design for integration of new facilities in revamp type projects as well for ‘small’ grass-root type of multi-disciplinary projects.
• Leading in structural, civil and geotechnical design within the projects and writing of contractors’ scope of works.
• Supervision, planning, organization of the work :
Lead /coordinate a Civil Structural design team (2-4 people).
Prepare schedules, man-hour estimates, manpower forecasts.
Communicate and align with clients, vendors and other disciplines.
Supervise and act as mentor for a junior level designer of junior level engineer.
• Promote and support value improvements initiatives and continuous performance improvement.
• Participate in design reviews within the project team.
• Works independently, controls / leads small teams including work sharing with foreign offices.
• Assure quality of work assigned; assure technical integrity of design documents.
• Proactive reporting project status and constraints.
• Prepare and check man-hour estimates and material estimates, and monthly budget reports for all engineering efforts.
• Perform technical bid evaluations of received bids of suppliers.
• Multi-disciplinary project requires pro-active attitude and basic knowledge of other disciplines such as piping, mechanical and E&I.
Job ID: 127045BR
City: Bergen op Zoom
State: North Brabant
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.