Fluor Civil Structural Engineer in Bergen op Zoom, Netherlands
Scope of Activities
Fluor Consultants BV is focusing on developing long-term relationships with customers in revamping, debottlenecking and expanding the production capacity of their existing facilities in the process Industry in the South West of the Netherlands. The Bergen op Zoom and Rotterdam offices provide the full project execution services: from conceptual engineering through commissioning and construction support. Together with Stork (a Fluor company), we have the unique market capacity to offer integrated solutions to our clients. This includes fabrication, modularization and maintenance.
The Civil Structural group is a dynamic team in which engineering, design and leadership skills are combined to effectively support our clients. In addition to a solid education focusing on engineering and/or design, a strong set of personal competencies is a prerequisite for success. Being a team player and having an ability to interact effectively with client’s organization and others disciplines in our taskforce is essential.
The Civil Structural Engineer will be responsible for Civil and Structural Engineering and Design services for a large variety of brown field and revamp facilities for petrochemical, oil, chemical gas and industrial services. These services comprise of conceptual design, project specifications, basic engineering, extend basic engineering and detailed design and engineering.
In addition regular contract with Client and or Owner representatives, consultants, specialist, vendors and construction contractors for coordination, classification and guidance regarding CSA design, engineering and construction activities.
• Demonstrate and maintain effective Client relationships, as Fluor’s representor.
• Maintain effective relations with other disciplines and provide guidance/assistance to younger engineers.
• Communicate, both verbally and in written form in a professional manner, using email, letters, and minutes of meeting and/or reports.
• Prepare man-hour and material estimates, and monthly budget reports for all engineering efforts.
• Travel, as required, to ensure the successful execution of project and/or department goals
• Perform technical bid evaluations of received bids of suppliers.
• Perform checks of vendor documents and checks of drawings from other Fluor disciplines.
• Multi-disciplinary project requires pro-active attitude and basic knowledge of other disciplines such as piping and mechanical.
Job ID: 127043BR
City: Bergen op Zoom
State: North Brabant
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.