At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Fluor is one of the largest global engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction and maintenance company with projects and offices on six continents.
Fluor Engineering NV, located in Antwerp, is focused on developing long-term relationships with customers in revamping, debottlenecking and expanding the production capacity of their existing facilities in all sectors of the Process Industry in Belgium: Chemical, Petrochemical, Power, Life Sciences, Food, Pharmaceutical, Recycling,.. The Antwerp office provide the full project execution services: from conceptual engineering, basic engineering, and detailed engineering through commissioning and construction support.
The Piping Design & Engineering group is a dynamic team in which engineering, design and leadership skills are combined to effectively support our clients.
In addition to a solid education focusing on engineering and/or design, a strong set of personal competencies is a prerequisite for success.
Being a team player and having an ability to interact effectively with our client’s organisation and other disciplines in our taskforce is essential.
In these projects the Piping design team is responsible for the routing of pipe systems, and the complete lay-out of the plant.
E.g. Equipment locations, locations of new structures and platforms.
They work within a task force for the realisation of multi-discipline projects in close cooperation with vendors and clients to translate functional specifications into technical solutions.
The successful candidate must be able to:
• Perform design development in several project phases e.g. conceptual design, front-end design, detail engineering and design and plant commissioning for integration of new facilities in revamp type project as well for ‘small’ grass-root type of projects.
• Input to Basic Engineering Design Packages and Writing of contractor’s scope of work
• Supervision, planning, organisation of the work:
Lead /coordinate a piping design team; assign, monitor and manage the work.
Prepare schedules, estimates, manpower forecasts and apply change-risk management.
Communicate and align with clients, vendors and other disciplines.
Supervise and act as mentor for a group of junior and intermediate level designers.
• Promote and support Value improvements initiatives and Continuous Performance Improvement
• Interpret, set-up and mark up of P&ID’s
• Interpret, set-up and mark up Line designation list
• Participate in design reviews within the Project team
• Work independently, controls / leads small teams
• Have practical knowledge of field installations
• Assure quality of work assigned, assure technical integrity of design documents
• Proactive reporting project status and constraints to Project Management and Department Manager
Job ID: 136960BR
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.