EVMS SME - Project Controls*
At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
This role provides technical and administrative direction to strategic management and to the Project Controls Functional Leader. In addition, this role provides assistance to the Project Controls Functional Leader/Office or Region Project Controls Leadership in setting up short and long term strategic direction for the Department, as well as participating in staffing development programs (e.g., mentoring). This position has the responsibility to act as a corporate or intra-corporate expert on Project Controls methods, procedures, systems, and the development of historical information. Budgets and capital expenditures, within defined limits, may also be the responsibility of this position. This position typically leads large teams of direct reports and requires frequent interface with functional leadership, project personnel, engineers, and Project Controls/Estimator members.
Individuals in this role must have the ability to lead large teams of Project Controls professionals.
• Lead all activities with respect to business management, cost management, and planning for an office or major project including functional objectives and initiatives
• Support and interface with Operations management in the preparation of proposals, commercial pricing, and execution of projects in areas specific to Project Controls
• Conduct or provide “Project Controls health checks” to the projects if requested
• Lead Project Controls Team meetings and identify and assign staff to Project Controls positions consistent with the individual’s abilities and career development
• Ensure the quality, timeliness, and consistency of Project Controls work produced by the department or project
• Coordinate the provision of historical data and ensure it is meaningful and normalized for reuse by the Estimating Department
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 143304BR
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.