At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
This position serves as member in the formulation of plans and the execution of the overall material management activity and assists in the planning and execution of specialized material management functions or may serve as the Project Material Manager on medium- to large-sized Engineering, Procurement, Fabrication, and Construction (EPFC) projects or as a Project Procurement Manager on largest EPFC projects, if necessary. This role directs the development of all material management activities including, but not limited to, material identification, Request for Quotations, equipment and material delivery, installation and field commissioning, and project close-out. This position provides general and direct supervision to assigned material management activities including material planning, purchasing, expediting, logistics, and field material management. This role, in conjunction with Project Quality Management, ensures effective integration of Supplier Quality Surveillance into the Material Management work process. This oversight should be done in accordance with general business acumen, corporate Operating System Requirements (OSR), and the established project and Material Management Plans, policies, and procedures. The person in this role maintains knowledge of material management activity and keeps the Project Director and Supply Chain functional leadership informed concerning material management matters.
• Developing and implementing the overall material management plan, including the workshare and automation components.
• Confirming that the proper material management systems are implemented.
• Establishing project-specific material management procedures (including Purchasing, Expediting, and Logistics)
• Confirming that the Material Management team has access to the project Baseline, understands and aligns to the project Baseline, and executes and delivers to the project baseline
• Provide technical and administrative direction related to the established Company, Material Management Plan and/or project policies and procedures
• Perform periodic formal and documented functional reviews and audits of project Material Management execution
• Prepare and present Material Management-related indoctrination and training sessions to department or project personnel
• Prepare and issue relevant Material Management reports
• Responsible for the implementation, management, and monitoring of the Material Management Work Process with the approved Corporate Reference Tool for Material Management to meet project requirements and schedule
• Review, analyze, and negotiate Terms and Conditions, based on Prime Contract flow downs
• Negotiate and/or provide assistance in negotiation of large to complex equipment and bulk material packages to obtain best value
• Protect the Company’s interests by enforcing warranties, mitigating risk, and providing oversight to project material management teams
• Manage interfaces with Project Management, Construction, Engineering, Project Controls, Quality, Safety, Finance, Client and Joint Venture Partners
• Organize and prioritize a variety of complex projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet critical time deadlines
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 141186BR
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.